Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Illustration 5 -- Absolved Character Archetype #1 - The Grafter

Illustration 5: Absolved Character Archetype #1 - The Grafter





Title: Illustration 5: Absolved Character Archetype #1 - The Grafter
Medium: Photoshop CS6, Pencil
Scale: Each 'piece' varies, final is 11" x 17"

Notes: The first assignment for the semester! And these are going to be such fast turnarounds.
Okay, so the first character archetype for Absolved is basically a glorified fence. I intend this character type to be more of a social gamer rather than a combat first type of character.
Throughout the sketches not only was I exploring the character, but also the Displaced race as a whole. What kind of clothing would they wear? What type of areas would they live in? Basic questions were at the forefront of my mind so that I could start to create a bit of environment for these guys / gals to live in.
Ultimately, I realized in the final that there are some shortcomings that I need to get over, most notable the real lack of distinguished light source. But I can say that this is a real step in the right direction for me because I have a real hard time breaking from my reference, so this is a major push into the right direction!
I want to redo this piece before the semester is over so that I can make it right!
More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Mat @artofmatk

Follow Ash @ashley.storyteller