Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Jessica Jones is AWESOME

Fan Art: Jessica Jones


Title: Fan Art: Jessica Jones
Medium: Photoshop CS6
Scale: Original is 3' x 3' (Biggest piece I've done to date!)

Notes: I didn't know how I'd feel about it up front, but this show has actually been pretty amazing! It reaffirms my love for really well written, flawed female characters.
On a side note, this piece is flippin' huge! This is definitely the biggest piece that I've made by quite a bit - 3ft by 3ft!

-------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------

Just got done with another convention this last weekend - Tennessee Comic-Con. It was one of those weekends where you question what you're doing just a little bit. Ultimately it ended up being just a reaffirmation that I need to be more choosey about my convention schedule, but there's always a moment when at cons where you're just like... "This is really it isn't it." That's not to say that I didn't have a decent time. I met even more people, met even more artists, and ultimately, it got me out of the house. Between work and ... other work, Ashley and I don't really get out much, so conventions are like our little mini-vacations. We get to hang out with people, chat, share our love for all things creative. I think she described it perfectly as, "We are like carnies. But the misfits of the misfits. Like there are all these people walking in costumes and we are even further outside that bubble trying to make a living doing this." Sometimes I think we both agree that we are insane for even attempting to do this, but ultimately, it's the joy we see on people's faces that keep us coming back for more.

Those smiles keep me coming back every time!

I just hope that the next show is even better. Here's looking at you, MidSouth Con!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Mat @artofmatk

Follow Ash @ashley.storyteller