Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Digital Painting ... WHAT?!


It's been a rough few days... FULL OF WORK!!

I've been powering down all sorts of stuff, such as school work and personal work.
I've actually done a few drawings and also gotten pretty heavy into digital painting (I have to do this on my own as they don't really teach this stuff at school).

I AM X finally came out with a new album... I'd actually really like all of their albums. It's sort of this industrial, trip-hop vibe going through the whole thing.

School has been hectic and hopefully I'll come out of it unscathed, even though I don't see myself stopping any of this anytime soon.

There's a show going on this weekend (The Memphis College of Art Holiday Bazaar). I kind of wish I'd put some work in it, as I think my work would fit well. The unfortunate thing that I run into, is the price gauge. I never know really what to gauge my work as for prices. Maybe next year, yeah?


This week's Artist of the Week! goes to Simon Loche over on cghub.com!
This artist actually has been an inspiration to my work recently. They seem to have a very stylistic approach to the way they do their work, and I'm trying to imitate the style. I absolutely love it! Not only that, but they have an extreme variance in their work overall, going from childish paintings, all the way to complex and extremely adult themed pieces. Every piece seems unique and shows the skill overall of this artist. I would say that they use both traditional and digital in their pieces, but I can't be completely certain. Either way, amazing work, keep it up!
 Anyway... time for this post and then MORE WORK!!

Avatar Animations - two variants 


Title: Avatar Animations - two variants
Date: November 12, 2011
Medium: Photoshop

Notes: Just had fun creating avatars for some of the other websites that I use.

Character of the Week # 269 - Small Gods (WIP)


Title: Character of the Week # 269 - Small Gods (WIP)
Date: November 14, 2011
Medium: Graphite / Conte

Notes: A work in progress that I plan on finishing (might not make in time for the deadline, but I think it'll be a fun one). It has to do with the fact that coffee always tastes so amazing... there must be a tiny god involved somewhere.

Digital Hand Studies


Title: Digital Hand Studies
Date: November 12, 2011
Medium: Photoshop

Notes: Just trying to get a better feel for digital painting... it's damn hard.

Loveandasandwich


Title: Loveandasandwich
Date: November 14, 2011
Medium: Photoshop

Notes: A photo study of loveandasandwich <--- click me!!

Life Drawing - 15 minute (final)


Title: Life Drawing - 15 minute (final)
Date: November 13, 2011
Medium: Graphite / Conte
Scale: 8.5" x 11" Gunmetal Grey Card-Stock

Notes: Just finished this the other day... needed to do the shading all throughout. The original is from a 15-minute study session during life drawing.

Character of the Week # 268 - Urban Samurai (WIP)


Title: Character of the Week # 268 - Urban Samurai (WIP)
Date: November 11, 2011
Medium: Photoshop

Notes: Still a work in progress... Ugh, I need to start working on these more. Either way, will finish this later as well.

There ya have it... see ya next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Mat @artofmatk

Follow Ash @ashley.storyteller