Saturday, June 30, 2012

Prometheus

Couple of things this update:

#1, I've found out about this awesome new study group called the Crimson Guardians. That's where I got the assignment below. It was fun though!

#2, looks like my school has sorted things out with the budget at least, but I'm still afraid to see what's going to be happening this upcoming semester.

and #3, This painting method looks like it actually works for me! Ahhh that makes me very happy. I need to keep practicing more of course, but it's a relief to finally know that I'm on a path that works for me in my digital work.

Anyway... here's the piece for today.

Prometheus Still


Title:  Prometheus Still
Date: June 29 - 30, 2012
Medium: Photoshop
Scale: Original is 2206px x 815px

Notes: This one was a challenge for many different reasons. The lighting was difficult, the contrast in color was crazy, looking back I still want to work a ton more on his face, but I was given a time limit, so I followed suit. Only going over by like five minutes. We'll call it 2hrs 5minutes.


Prometheus Still - Tutorial


Title:  Prometheus Still - Tutorial
Date: June 29 - 30, 2012
Medium: Photoshop
Scale: Original is 2206px x 815px

Notes: Just as before, for anyone interested, that's my process... 


2 comments:

  1. Is the group open to anyone? I'd probably be interested in joining up after more project stuff gets done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I could get you in on it... hit me up.

      Delete

Follow Mat @artofmatk

Follow Ash @ashley.storyteller