Saturday, April 28, 2012

Portraits in the ROUGH

Since I've been stupid busy these last few weeks... I think I'll just start with my updates again smaller than I would.

I'm going to break this update up a bunch, mainly because I have to go to work in a few minutes, but...

Here's the charcoal portraits that we've done in class. All from life.

Portraits from Life


Title:  Portraits from Life
Date: April 17 - 24, 2012
Medium: Vine Charcoal
Scale: Each portrait is 20" x 30"

Notes: Each of  these were timed. Approx. ten minutes for each. The earlier ones were faster, etc. This was a really fun exercise, and it is awesome to draw REALLY large when doing portraits. Especially in charcoal.
Hopefully you can see a progression as I feel like I've gotten better really fast at this.

Thanks for viewing... more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Mat @artofmatk

Follow Ash @ashley.storyteller