Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Basking in the Glow

Basking in the Glow



Title: Basking in the Glow
Date: November 12, 2014
Medium: Photoshop CS6
Scale: Original is 6376px x 4500px

Notes: I was just working on other projects and I suddenly got bored with them for just a moment. You know how you have that moment every once in awhile where inspiration just hits you, like a hammer? Well this happened to be one of those moments. I was just sitting there, listening to Ashley read her story and I was like... I FEEL LIKE PAINTING A STILL LIFE! I lit a candle, set up a toy skull and off I went. I felt strange, like this painting was just fluid. There wasn't many hiccups in the process. I just powered through it without much of a hitch.
There was just something about listening to Gone Girl and painting death that just works perfectly.
It was really fun! Like... surprisingly so. Maybe it was just refreshing to just paint something for me for a quick change of pace.
On that note though... I need to go work on more project stuff, but I just thought I'd share.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Mat @artofmatk

Follow Ash @ashley.storyteller