Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Illustration 5 -- Absolved Character Archetype #5 - Masques

Illustration 5: Absolved Character Archetype #5 - Masques

 

 

 


Title: Illustration 5: Absolved Character Archetype #5 - Masques
Date: October 20 - November 4, 2014
Medium: Photoshop CS6
Scale: Sketches vary, Final is 11" x 17"

Notes: I think that during this piece, I went through so many variations of the same thing... That damn hand holding the knife has been redrawn like thirty times. I tried good reference, I tried just winging it, I tried copying directly... I think that ultimately, I just, as always, need to draw more hands.
Regardless, this was still an incredibly fun and challenging piece. I tried to make her a bit sexy, but still have that badassery attached to her. I can honestly say that with each piece that I do, I'm trying to tackle something major so that I can learn from them and make sure not to make the same mistakes again. It's fun, but incredibly frustrating at the same time.
Anyway, more to come!
And also... a little bonus walk-through below:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Mat @artofmatk

Follow Ash @ashley.storyteller