Thursday, April 5, 2012

Wackiness

You know, this is what I get for not updating in a week with finals so close... a MASSIVE upload.

Okay, so I don't really have a whole lot to say except that I am plunged neck-deep in schoolwork. I have a ton of things to do if I want to pass this semester with even a semblance of hard work and worth-while.

So I'm just going to rush into it, I have more storyboard stuff to do...

Tattoo Design


Title: Tattoo Design
Date: March 16, 2012
Medium: Graphite
Scale: Original is 9" x 12"

Notes: Actually... the first tattoo design I've ever done. It was based on the Paladin's Cross (basically a sword and shield designed to be a cross). Blend that with tribal. Mix in a blender... BAM that's what happens.


Book Battle


Title: Book Battle
Date: March 30, 2012
Medium: Graphite
Scale: Original is 9" x 12"

Notes: Ashley and her Mom were both reading books and I felt dumb not being in on the awesomeness... SO I just decided that I should draw them both. Was fun to characterize them both.


Charcoal Studies from Life


Title: Charcoal Studies from Life
Date: March 19 - 27, 2012
Medium: Chalk, Charcoal, Conte
Scale: Sketches are 9" x 12", the scene at the bottom is 30" x 45"

Notes: Yet again, more delving into vine charcoal. That has to be my favorite media so far...

Color Theory -- Altered Palette



Title: Color Theory -- Altered Palette
Date: March 19 - 22, 2012
Medium: Gouache
Scale: Each piece is 9" x 12"

Notes: This was a test to use a very limited amount of colors to for interesting color reactions. I should have covered the paint area better.


Altered Palette Studies


Title: Altered Palette Studies
Date: March 19 - 22, 2012
Medium: Watercolor / Graphite
Scale: Each 'page' is 9" x 12"


Color Theory -- Limited Palette


Title: Color Theory -- Limited Palette
Date: March 26 - 29, 2012
Medium: Gouache
Scale: Each 'piece' is 7" x 10"

Notes: We were supposed to copy the piece and then do it each with a slightly more muted and grayed out palette.

Limited Palette Studies


Title: Limited Palette Studies
Date: March 26 - 29, 2012
Medium: Gouache / Graphite 
Scale: Original is 9" x 12"


Life Drawing in Graphite


Title: Life Drawing in Graphite
Date: March 26 - 28, 2012
Medium: Graphite
Scale: Each 'page' is 9" x 12"

Notes: I was going back to a media that I haven't used for some time: Graphite. I have been using nothing but paint and charcoal for quite a while.


Joe #1


Title: Joe #1
Date: March 31, 2012
Medium: Photoshop
Scale: Original is 2550px x 3000px

Notes: So, I actually lost a bet with my fiancee, and NOW I have to draw Joe Mangiello (or however his name is spelled) twenty times. Hopefully it will help a ton with anatomy. Damn Mr. Muscles hahaha!


Lamia -- WIP


Title: Lamia -- WIP
Date: April 2, 2012
Medium: Photoshop
Scale: Original is 3000px x 1850px

Notes: I noticed an interesting competition on Deviant Art, to redo a mythological creature. And what better creature than a lamia! How interesting!!!


Life Drawing in the Park


Title: Life Drawing in the Park
Date: March 3, 2012
Medium: Graphite / Ink
Scale: Each piece is only about 2" wide.


Pirate Portrait Study


Title: Pirate Portrait Study
Date: March 20 - 24, 2012
Medium: Photoshop
Scale: Original is 2400px x 1950px

Notes: Another challenge I saw on Deviant Art. I'm trying to just start entering a ton of competitions for fun, and JUSTICE.


Wacky Life Drawing


Title: Wacky Life Drawing
Date: March 22, 2012
Medium: Graphite
Scale: 9" x 12"

Notes: Using Life Drawing and combining Marko Djurdjevic / Wes Burt style again. This is so cool and fun to do. I'll have to do EVEN MORE of it.

Well anyway... that's that, see ya guys next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Mat @artofmatk

Follow Ash @ashley.storyteller