Monday, October 29, 2012

It's Time to Start Playing with Ketchup.

There is so much art that I have to go and photograph. I'd say approx. two sketchbooks at least to get onto here... not even counting the finals from actual projects. Either way... the time is now to start playing with the catch-up.

Hello again, Dear Ashley


Title:  Hello again, Dear Ashley
Date: October 29, 2012
Medium: Photoshop
Scale: Original is 1100px x 1200px

Notes: This was mostly just a test to see how in-depth that technique that I've been studying can really go. As you can see, it REALLY helps with proportions and getting angles down. As always, I'm decently happy with this for now, let me come back and look at it in a few hours and I might have to go... "BLECHH!" But the subject matter keeps me wanting to paint (mah special lady friend).


Pose Studies (with Bonus Tutorial)



Title:  Pose Studies (with Bonus Tutorial)
Date: October 29, 2012
Medium: Photoshop
Scale: Original is 2100px x 650px

Notes: These are just those studies that I am continuing. I wanted to show how they were put together, thus the tutorial. This is based upon a combination of Bargue drawing and Greecian analytically drawing. Hopefully the tutorial helps it make sense...



Title:  Pose Studies (with Color)
Date: October 29, 2012
Medium: Photoshop

Notes: Trying to keep using that technique, only this time... throw some color into the mix. Obviously I need to learn how color interacts much more before I really continue pushing in that direction. Maybe this might be a good time to start using movie stills again!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Mat @artofmatk

Follow Ash @ashley.storyteller