Saturday, August 30, 2014

Digital Painting -- Speed Painting

Digital Painting: Speed Paintings








Title: Digital Painting: Speed Painting
Date: August 29, 2014
Medium: Photoshop CC
Scale: Each 'piece' varies.

Notes: I've never really done applied speed painting before, and I can say that this exercise was REALLY fun to do, albeit extremely difficult. 
First, let me preface with saying that each one was timed, in a reverse progression. We started with the thirty-minute painting and worked our way down to five minutes. The bottom-most piece (Donatello) was the first, and then they go in reverse order from there, scaling down by five minutes each. I think it was only natural that the objects become more simple as the time was reduced, but some people really gave it a try even at the five-minute mark.
Either way, we all powered our paintings down and there wasn't much fuss. It was really fun to do, and I actually want to try and do these more often. I think setting a time limit really helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Mat @artofmatk

Follow Ash @ashley.storyteller