Saturday, October 18, 2014

Digital Painting -- Master Studies

Dean Cornwell Master Study


Side-by-Side comparison.
Dean Cornwell on left, Mine on right.

Title: Dean Cornwell Master Study
Date: October 9 - 16, 2014
Medium: Photoshop CS6
Scale: Original is 6134px x 7400px

Notes: My color master study. It's kind of awesome and odd to look back at this one from awhile ago... You can see the first time I attempted this study in 2013, below.
I still think that one isn't too bad of an attempt, but it was supremely grayed out... I think my color vision has increased ten-fold from then, and I also think that my accuracy is quite a bit better. But all-in-all, wasn't too bad of an attempt, even then...

Check this out: July 16, 2013 (see below)


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sargent Master Study


Side-by-Side comparison.
Sargent top. Mine bottom.

Title: Sargent Master Study
Date: October 9 - 16, 2014
Medium: Photoshop CS6
Scale: Original is 3750px x 3096px

Notes: Gray scale master study. This one is a drastic improvement. Granted the study below isn't finished, but even from the get-go this one is completely superior in every aspect.
Sargent is amazing! 
Improvement is awesome to see and I can't wait to check back next year!

Check this out: December 31, 2013 (see below)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Mat @artofmatk

Follow Ash @ashley.storyteller