Monday, February 18, 2013

Monday - Paracetemol

I thought about it... and if I want to continue with these abstract blog titles, it might make a little bit of sense to actually put the song that I'm getting these titles from...


Ulrich Schnauss - Monday - Paracetemol

And on the note of music... there has actually been something bothering me for awhile, and while I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing, but... does anyone notice that sometimes when more modern songs have been remade, they become completely new songs? Don't get me wrong, usually I love both of the songs equally, but it would seem that some songs are just a completely genre. Take these two for example: 


They are both amazing in their own right, but Gary Jules' version is completely depressing by comparison. I've actually been finding quite a few of these throughout the years...


I mean, this list could probably go on and on!

Anyway... Time to get back onto the task at hand: Art!

So, I finally started a Tumblr account. This is my first branch out from this blog in quite some time.

But anyways... here's the update for today:

Headphones Paint #1


Title:  Headphones Paint #1
Date: February 7 - 11, 2013
Medium: Gouache on Illustration Board
Scale: Original is 8" x 8"

Notes:  This is the finalized version of the headphones piece that I was writing about earlier. This is actually Ashley's (my fiancee) face put in this image. Painting a gray scale image was pretty tough with just a tiny focus of color. Had to make sure that no color got mixed in with the person. Does anyone know if gouache naturally has a tiny bit of blue in the black paint? Like is it a cool tone naturally? Every time I try to make gray with it, I tend to get a sort of 'blue/gray'.


Headphones Paint #2


Title:  Headphones Paint #2
Date: February 7 - 11, 2013
Medium: Gouache on Illustration Board
Scale: Original is 8" x 8"

Notes:  The second one I painted I feared would have a more washed out look. The color I think got a little unsaturated, so it kind of flattened out a bit because of so much black used.


Headphones Paint #3


Title:  Headphones Paint #3
Date: February 7 - 11, 2013
Medium: Gouache on Illustration Board
Scale: Original is 8" x 8"

Notes:  This one still puts me in a good mood every time I see it. I intentionally made it look like that because it was essentially the basis for my entire advertisement campaign that we were to create. 


Headphones Retro Advertisement


Title:  Headphones Retro Advertisement
Date: February 15 - 16, 2013
Medium: Gouache on Illustration Board, Photoshop
Scale: Original of each painting is 8" x 8". Final Advertisement is 8" x 10"

Notes:  This is the finalized version of the advertisement campaign. I went into it with a retro vision up front. Thus the text treatment and the abstract shape design. I had to clean up the paintings quite a bit. I wonder if that was because my camera isn't as good as I assumed it would be, or if the paintings were muddy from get-go. Either way, there you have it, my first journey back into painting...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Mat @artofmatk

Follow Ash @ashley.storyteller