Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Heading into Summer with Both Eyes Open

These first few weeks will literally be just catching up my sketchbook work so that you all can see, but other than that it'll be really light. You know how you need those moments to just relax and get your head back on straight.

This summer should be extremely productive! And hopefully I'll start getting some freelance in the pipe.

Portrait Speeds


Title:  Portrait Speeds
Date: April, 2013
Medium: Photoshop
Scale: 8.5" x 11"

Notes:  These were done extremely fast, just trying to see if I can get some upgrades on that self-portrait series that I did ahile back for IPC.


Reductive Environment Sketches


Title:  Reductive Environment Sketches
Date: May 6, 2013
Medium: Photoshop
Scale: Originals are 8.5" x 11"

Notes:  These were less about accuracy and more about just trying to see if I can get substance out of pure values. They were extremely reductive and sort of just mood pieces so that I could start to get more of a feel for color. I'm still an extreme noob when it comes to color.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Mat @artofmatk

Follow Ash @ashley.storyteller