Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Killer Inside Me

"Killer Inside Me" Still


Title:  "Killer Inside Me" Still
Date: May 8, 2013
Medium: Photoshop
Scale: Original is 2700px x 1525px

Notes:  This is unfinished, and I think this is as far as I'm going to go with this one. Okay, so a little back story: I actually plan on doing a still from every movie (somewhere in it) of every movie that I watch this summer. I want it to be a good iconic spot of the movie, and would actually perfer it to have some interesting lighting situation or good interaction between characters. Let's face it, illustration should be about not only interesting characters, but interaction and A STORY. I consider these not only great color studies, but also mood, and interaction studies. Plus embedding the character in an environment.
This one in particular was a study in not only all those mentioned, but also  Reduction, Matter of Focus, and Limited Palette. Hopefully it reads from a distance as well.
All of these are going to be what I'll be going for in the next couple of months...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Mat @artofmatk

Follow Ash @ashley.storyteller