Sunday, July 21, 2013

Trying Something NEW!

Melodie


Title: Melodie
Date: July 20 & 21, 2013
Medium: Photoshop
Scale: Original is 1400px x 2100px

Notes: Alright, I've never used filters on a painting before. And going back and looking at like 100 different pieces with the sample filter above, I've come to the conclusion that like 99% of my pieces need that extra little bit of sharpness to pull the details out even further. I think that's what ends up happening on some of the ones that I've tried to submit... the details were just lost. Hopefully I've rectified that situation here by giving it that extra tiny bit of *UMPH*.
Also, the ref is from http://characterdesigns.com/
The goal was merely to draw someone with tattoos, but a majority of the images that I was finding were pretty much completely untasteful. 

Oh... and just for fun, here's a tutorial:


If you have any questions, just comment and I'll get back ASAP.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Mat @artofmatk

Follow Ash @ashley.storyteller