Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Alcide Herveaux v. 2.0

True Blood Portrait Series 2: Alcide Herveaux


Title: True Blood Portrait Series 2: Alcide Herveaux
Date: July 24 & 30 - 31, 2013
Medium: Photoshop
Scale: Original is 10" x 13"
Notes: Err... there was a bit of a break in between on this one. I started it right after the Jessica painting, and I think I just got kind of side-tracked on other things I guess. Or maybe I can just blame my Skyrim addiction as of late. I've been playing quite a bit of that before school starts up again. But what can I say, that game is ridiculously addicting.
Anyway, here is the finished painting of Alcide. I think it's a step up from my previous attempt...
I can say though, to simulate a blurry background is nothing short of impossible. I tried the blur tool, I tried a blur filter... I just said screw it and just used a blurry brush and dabbed it here and there.

Tutorial:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Mat @artofmatk

Follow Ash @ashley.storyteller