Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Illustration 4 -- Ascension Returns

Illustration 4: Ascension Returns










Title: Illustration 4: Ascension Returns
Medium: Photoshop CS3

Notes: So... you thought you would never see this project again, didn't you.
If you go back to the very first post here... there's a chunk for my associate degree undergrad for the Ascension card game.
There has been many, many changes since then, but this is closer to how I envisioned it from then.
For this project we had little more than a month to come up with a full card deck. I immediately jumped on the bandwagon to redo this old-as-hell project and decided to take it a step further and see if I could act in-lieu of art director and pull in two other students as well.
Britney Boswell and Robert Burns were both recruited into this mad-house of a card project. We were each to do eighteen fully illustrated cards for this card game and then assemble them all together in a coherent deck.
This is of course only a small sampling of the card game as a whole, as there are approximately 480 or so cards for the first set. But this is my go at it... I want to revisit a bunch of these as well as continue working more on these.
Either way, this is such a fun and passion-fueled project that I hope I can see the project one day become something fully worthy of the effort involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Mat @artofmatk

Follow Ash @ashley.storyteller