Wednesday, March 28, 2012

So Much Work to Do


This is going to be quite an update, but I still have tons more to do to finish this semester out.

So I'll just say a few things, then the art.

Firstly, I am very happy to have been invited to an art group.
If you don't know what that is, look on concept art and check out these sketchbooks:


Basically we all draw and paint and things, and then critique each other.
It's pretty fun -- Riley is actually the one that challenged me to the Caravaggio piece.

Secondly, this semester has kind of flew by honestly. I've been just rolling with it this semester. Gotten lots of work done overall. That doesn't mean I can take it easy for the rest. Honestly this is the where the real push comes. This is where boys become men... or something.

Lastly, I just want to point out in advance that I have soooo much more art than what is below to update this time. I just got lazy and didn't get to the scanner to get all of my life drawing / gestural drawing / sketches in graphite and things.

I have to get that on here as soon as possible though.

Anyway... here's that art I was talking about...

Caravaggio - Bacchus - WIP 2


Title: Caravaggio - Bacchus - WIP 2
Date: March 20 - 24, 2012
Medium: Photoshop
Scale: Original is 2550px x 3000px

Notes: This was a challenge for a group that I joined on concept art. Sketchgroup GOGOGO!! Just continuing... slowly but surely!


Charcoal from Drawing II










Title: Charcoal from Drawing II
Date: January - March, 2012
Medium: Charcoal / Chalk
Scale: Varies, from 20" x 30" up to 40" x 60"

Notes: This is my discovery so far into charcoal and chalk from Drawing II. Honestly, this is the most fun I've had with a simple drawing media. All of these pieces are on high-quality Canson stock paper. They are extremely large by my usual standard. See above for the scale... they're pretty big!


Ink Drawings from Drawing II






Title: Ink Drawings from Drawing II
Date: January - March, 2012
Medium: Ink / White Paint
Scale: Varies, from 20" x 30" up to 40" x 60"

Notes: This is my discovery so far into ink and white paint from Drawing II. All of these pieces are on high-quality Canson stock paper. They are extremely large by my usual standard. See above for the scale... they're pretty big!


Cora's Journal - Colored


Title: Cora's Journal - Colored
Date: March 27, 2012
Medium: Photoshop
Scale: Original is 3000px x 3000px

Notes: For my final for animation, we are to storyboard out a two-to-three minute animatic for the class, so I am going to start throwing a ton of stuff up about Cora for the next few weeks on top of all the rest of the stuff. This is her journal (and YES it talks).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Mat @artofmatk

Follow Ash @ashley.storyteller