Monday, March 19, 2012

Another Break... and the RETURN!

Man oh man, vacations are nice. I've spent the entire spring break just painting and relaxing. The Mass Effect series has really sucked me in. I got the first one fixed and now all I want to do is just sit and play it until I beat them all. Unfortunately, I have loads of painting and work to do. Regardless, I have finished some stuff over this break, and tomorrow starts school again, so the working hard begins anew.

Well... here's the fruits of this break so far...

Color Notes


Title: Color Notes
Date: March 9, 2012
Medium: Gouache
Scale: 9" x 12"

Notes: Notes and Pactice for my Alternate Palette Project.


Color Studies -- Harmony - #2




Title: Color Studies -- Harmony - #2
Date: March 5 - 8, 2012
Medium: Gouache
Scale: Each study is 7" x 10"

Notes: Each of these is a study in color interaction using Color Harmony as a base.


Cora -- Head Studies



Title: Cora - Head Studies
Date: March 8 - 15, 2012
Medium: Photoshop

Notes: My teacher told me that I need to get a better grasp on Cora from the side. My walk cycle did not look believable because of the lack of confidence in her side view. I will need to keep going with these.


Guitar Chickie -- WIP
 




Title: Guitar Chickie -- WIP
Date: March 12, 2012
Medium: Photoshop

Notes: Just trying to show my process for painting. Any tips would be greatly appreciated...


Hel-Looks Study


Title: Hel-Looks Study
Date: March 9, 2012
Medium: Graphite
Scale: Original is 9" x 12"


Ladies and Ladybugs


Title: Ladies and Ladybugs
Date: March 11, 2012
Medium: Graphite
Scale: Original is 9" x 12".

Notes: What else would a ladybug think about?!


Dreaming of Chairs


Title: Dreaming of Chairs
Date: March 9, 2012
Medium: Graphite
Scale: Original page is 9" x 12"

Notes: Poor table just wants chairs... These are some strange pottery and tables that I saw recently...


Rage


Title:Rage
Date: March 9, 2012
Medium: Graphite

Notes: This piece is actually a bit of a compilation between a guy, Dillon, and myself during our color class... I think his is more interesting (the right one).


Zemotion Study -- WIP





Title: Zemotion Study -- WIP
Date: March 13, 2012
Medium: Photoshop




No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Mat @artofmatk

Follow Ash @ashley.storyteller