Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Last Update of the Month (most likely)

Ashley in Charcoal


Title:  Ashley in Charcoal
Date: July 29, 2012
Medium: Vine Charcoal
Scale: Original is 9" x 12"

Notes: I just can't NOT love vine charcoal, it's so easy to manipulate. If you ever get a chance, make sure to try it out, if you have not already... This is my fiancee done in charcoal.


Bouguereau in Charcoal


Title:  Bouguereau in Charcoal
Date: July 28, 2012
Medium: Vine Charcoal
Scale: Original is 9" x 12"

Notes: Lunch break quickie on Saturday.


ChoW 297 WIPs


Title:  ChoW 297 WIPs
Date: July 31, 2012
Medium: Photoshop

Notes: I think the topic is awesome... futuristic bard, so I decided to ode to the 80s (my favorite decade). Just some quick thoughts here. Hopefully it will come to fruition.


Hershey in Charcoal


Title:  Hershey in Charcoal
Date: July 30, 2012
Medium: Vine Charcoal
Scale: Original is 12" x 9"

Notes: The face is really odd, but it's really hard to capture a dog that is constantly moving. Either way, it was fun.


Petey in Charcoal


Title:  Petey in Charcoal
Date: July 30, 2012
Medium: Vine Charcoal
Scale: Original is 9" x 12"

Notes: Set Petey up with a book and just went into it.


Face Sketch


Title:  Face Sketch
Date: July 31, 2012
Medium: Photoshop

Notes: I was scanning through my reference art folder and came across this piece by mezamero and I wanted to try to do a piece in that style. It was incredibly fun... and surprisingly I learned a bit from it.



1 comment:

  1. Ugly doll! Nice work! The still life above with the Buddah is really nice, but needs a litle more range of value right on the edge of the folds to make them roll a bit :)

    ReplyDelete

Follow Mat @artofmatk

Follow Ash @ashley.storyteller