Saturday, August 23, 2014

Digital Painting -- Cube and Sphere

Digital Painting: Painterly Objects


Title: Digital Painting: Painterly Objects
Date: August 22, 2014
Medium: Photoshop CC
Scale: Original is ~8.5" x 11"

Notes: For the first assignment in Digital Painting class we were to paint a transition from one color to another and also paint a sphere and a cube from imagination. Looking back at the cube I notice that it is kind of off kilter, but it was literally painted in like five minutes. I just wanted to knock it out pretty fast so that I could start painting more things. I actually think that I'm going to paint a few more stacks of cubes and maybe practice more concept-art simpler objects like crates and lights to start getting some object painting out of the way. As always, trying to make a push into the concept art world.
Two Warm-Up WIPs

 

Title: Two Warm-Up WIPs
Date: August 23, 2014
Medium: Photoshop CC
Scale: Each piece varies.

Notes: I was just getting in some quick studies practice. There are lots and lots more of these in the pipe, plus I actually kind of want to push them further, but we'll see what happens. Regardless, more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Mat @artofmatk

Follow Ash @ashley.storyteller