Saturday, August 3, 2013

Ophelia

Tentative goals for the upcoming semester:
A) Learn how to work out of my head, and less from direct reference.
B) Continue to learn digital, and try my damndest to get a good handle on it.
C) Sell some art...

Ophelia


Title: Ophelia
Date: August 1 - 3, 2013
Medium: Photoshop CS 3
Scale: Original is 2025px x 1350px
Notes: I wanted to try something a little different... the main focus of this was not only to do a really good cloth study, but I wanted to try and simulate a master painting with a new spin. I found a good reference, but Ashley pointed out something kinda funny... 
"What is the purpose of her breasts to be out. I mean, maybe there is a small part of sex appeal or whatever, but why not either be fully nude, or have her skirt up too or something, so that way it kind of looks like she was violated and left to die or something... it just doesn't seem to make too much sense."
Silly enough, I hadn't actually thought about that at all during the process of painting, but it struck me right near the end. That girl has some good observations... As always, I need to pay attention to things she says hahaha!

Reference: http://idaniphotography.deviantart.com/art/Ophelia-389897495

Tutorial:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Mat @artofmatk

Follow Ash @ashley.storyteller