Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Character Development Studies and Buddy Cthulhu!




Artist of the Week! This week it goes to: Rotor 
Yet again, another artist that I've been watching for quite some time. He's actually been improving steadily for quite a while now, but I just really noticed a HUGE leap in terms of skill and style in the last few updates! I urge you to go check out his stuff and show your appreciation for this guy, he deserves praise for his hard work!
So alright... I've been doing quite a bit of character design this go around. I have a major animation project coming up and also school is in full swing!

Because of it... I've been watching The Maxx!!! like crazy. Look back a few posts and you'll get the link to watch all of it.

I would like one day for my fiancee to start posting her writing on a blog somewhere, she is actually really quite good and who knows... maybe it'll get her some awesome exposure. But I can understand her trepidation, as when it's what you really want to do, you'd like to make sure that you're good at it before you expose yourself to the masses. To each their own I suppose in terms of doing what they want when they need to do it.

Either way, I think she's improving quickly and I think it's awesome.

You know, now that you mention it... I think writing is hard. I mean, sure you can read a bunch and get your ideas down. But I mean... isn't creating an entire world and the creatures and people that inhabit it hard? I couldn't really imagine creating it all in words... that cannot be an easy task at all. Either way, I commend her for perusing such a challenging dream.

I'm actually excited for the day that we can work together on the same project. That will be an amazing task!
Imagine working with someone that you love on a project that you both develop together. I mean, we are both a tad on the crazy side... I can only imagine the wackiness that would come out of it! YEESH! One day perhaps...

For now I think school is really pressing us both down.

OH! I got accepted: Zombies, Guns, 'n Swords! which is REALLY damn cool. Now I just need to start making art worthy of being able to be on that prestigious blog.

Let's see... I think that's pretty much it... So, now for the art:

Skull Study

Title: Skull Study
Date: January 23, 2012
Medium: Graphite

Notes: After doing the digital anatomy study, I really wanted to try and do pencil. I actually still want to do one of these for every part of the body.

Ashley Life Study



Title: Ashley Life Study
Date: January 21, 2012
Medium: Graphite
Scale: Original is 4" x 4"

Notes: While I do like the technique employed in this image, it unfortunately doesn't look like my fiancee at all... she looks quite a bit slimmer, but for some reason she looks odd in this drawing. Hopefully one day I'll be able to get an accurate representation of her...


Character Development pages 1 - 6



Title: Character Development pages 1 - 6
Date: January 23 - 25, 2012
Medium: Graphite / Photoshop

Notes: Even more development on that character. I think I've found what I'm going to do, now it's just a matter of doing it well...


Cthulhu Logo


Title: Cthulhu Logo
Date: January 24, 2012
Medium: Graphite

Notes: Who doesn't like Cthulhu?!


Color: Gouache Studies (Grey)



Title: Color: Gouache Studies (Grey)
Date: January 20, 2012
Medium: Graphite / Gouache
Scale: Original is 9" x 12"

Notes: Very first studies with actual paint... This is a very unique way to do art. I'm going to be exploring this all throughout the semester.


Wacky Notes on Writing


Title: Wacky Notes on Writing
Date: January 24, 2012
Medium: Graphite
Scale: Original is 9" x 12"

Notes: This is pretty much how all my notes look all the time.

WELL!! Thanks for looking... more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Mat @artofmatk

Follow Ash @ashley.storyteller