Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Studying the Day Away

Type O Negative - "World Coming Down"

'Quick' Studies


Title: 'Quick' Studies
Date: March 24 - 31, 2014
Medium: Graphite, Photoshop CS3
Scale: Varies

Notes: A compilation of things that I've been up to for a little bit. Mainly just trying to make sure that I don't get rusty in any specific area. So this is just a few tests of different things over the past few days. I want to crank out a ton more stuff, but there are big projects in the works.

'Zoodles


Title: 'Zoodles
Medium: Graphite, Brush and Ink
Scale: Each 'page' is 9" x 12"

Notes: Every week on Wednesday, during lunch the illustration department at MCA goes over to the zoo and just sketches away. I think every time I go I get a little faster, a little more experimental, a little more... something. If nothing else, it's just great to get out of the school and away from everything and just sketch my ass off.
It's a bit more therapeutic than anything and if nothing else... it gets exposure to my art to all the passer-byers. Either way, it's a fun thing to do and I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Mat @artofmatk

Follow Ash @ashley.storyteller