Monday, February 13, 2012

All's Quiet on the Digital Front!!

So, let's see... what has happened since we last talked...


Artist of the Week! This week it goes to: bloodtaster
If you look at this person's work, it has an almost painted look to it, even though it's in digital. Some of it more than others, like for example: the painted style of this is almost reminiscent of watercolor work. It's a very unique style and I really think it's interesting. Let's not forget the amazing amount of detail smashed into each illustration as well... Great job!


Well, I actually just recently got SUPER inspired by SIXMOREVODKA and the amazing things that they are doing. I mean, not only is my favorite artist the owner of his own, talented studio, but he also seems like a cool guy as well. The entire team over there pretty much blows me away, so much talent, so much awesomeness! If I keep working at it, I think I'll get there eventually.

Other than that, just pretty much been working a ton more on my character, still quite a bit to go, but I have the turnaround all split apart and I am starting to model out the hair and change all the directions of the limbs and things. We're supposed to do a thirty-second dance number with our character when we get it down solid.

Ashley finished reading me Frankenstein the other day, it actually had a much different ending than I though it would. Either way, it was enjoyable for sure... Dracula is next on the list, I hope it will be good! Although oddly, through all the incarnations I've seen / read / heard, I'm not sure how much of it will be new material. I guess I should be careful throwing that out there though... 

Anyway, time to toss up what you might've come here for... ART!

Color Studies -- Chromatic Grey - Mixed


Title: Color Studies -- Chromatic Grey - Mixed
Date: February 10, 2012
Medium: Gouache
Scale: Original is 7" x 10"

Notes: Chromatic Greys are a strange concept to grasp, they are muted colors to the point that they become grey with a tint of hue to them.


Color Studies -- Notes






Title: Color Studies - Notes
Date: February 10, 2012
Medium: Graphite / Gouache
Scale: Each page is 9" x 12"

Notes: Just practicing around with Gouache still...


Cora - Turnaround



Title: Cora - Turnaround
Date: February 9, 2012
Medium: Graphite
Scale: Each page is 9" x 12"

Notes: This was a pre-study to my animation pieces. Trying to make sure that I get everything in the correct spots and lined up correctly.


Cora - Mask Variants


Title: Cora - Mask Variants
Date: February 10 - 12, 2012
Medium: Graphite
Scale: Original is 9" x 12"

Notes: I'm trying to modify her mask to reflect an animal. So I have a few more since this, but I have to ask... if anyone can think of something natural in nature that is not identical on both sides of it's face. This was a hard thing to think about... if you have any, just comment below and I'll try to make sure to test it out on the mask itself. Thanks!!!


Cora - Realism


Title: Cora - Realism
Date: February 11, 2012
Medium: Photoshop
Scale: Original is 3000px x 3000px

Notes: This is an attempt to make a more realistic Cora if at all possible...


Color Studies -- Muted - 1 - 3




Title: Color Studies -- Muted - 1 - 3
Date: February 8 - 9, 2012
Medium: Gouache
Scale: Each piece is 7" x 10"

Notes: While these work for Muted, they were supposed to be Chromatic Grey studies... hahah that's a fail.


Sketching Around


Title: Sketching Around
Date: February 7, 2012
Medium: Graphite
Scale: Original is 9" x 12"

Notes: Just having fun with it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Mat @artofmatk

Follow Ash @ashley.storyteller