Monday, February 20, 2012

Sketching Around for... JUSTICE!




Artist of the Week! This week it goes to: Jackdaw
The style of this artist goes above and beyond basic concept art, they are like a master conceptual artist! Not only that but they seem to have a very painterly style when they approach the digital realm. I'm also giving them a super nod for the fact that they still draw in pencil, something that is seriously lacking in this day and age. Keep on doing your thing!
So, if you haven't noticed... my blog list to the right has seriously bumped up in the amount of artists that I follow... I don't know where I found it, but basically there was a huge list of good art blogs on concept art the other day and I just went through it page-by-page and added all the artists that I found really interesting!

If you get a chance, you should check them out if for nothing else than to fill your artsy brains up with sweet art and leave it flopping around on your desk trying to grasp at some semblance of order to get back to your art with.

Annnyywaayy... so I've been pretty much drawing and painting like crazy lately, hopefully it will start to show some nice progress soon. I think I'm going to start doing some color studies using movie stills, especially since the shows I've been watching lately have been getting some super dynamic angles and lighting.

Just doing more and more art and staying up later and later lately. I wish I didn't have to sleep... at least the Twilight vampires have one awesome thing going for them... the whole 'not sleeping' thing. Although I wouldn't want to be so glittery... that would kind of detract from any sort of 'manliness' I would have.

Werewolves are where it's at. I mean think about all that power. I should draw some werewolves sometime...

I can't wait for free time during the summer. I'll say this now and probably regret it and super procrastinate when it comes around, but... during this summer I really plan on getting some things together. Maybe going on vacations or at least good outings with my special lady friend... Drawing and painting my own stuff... getting some good movie / game / etc. time in...

Enough ranting though... I have more work to get in, here's that art...

Photostudy


Title: Photostudy
Date: February 16, 2012
Medium: Graphite
Scale: Original is 4" x 6"


Cora -- Journal


Title: Cora -- Journal
Date: February 16, 2012
Medium: Graphite
Scale: Original is 9" x 12"

Notes: This was more of a facial study for her... but then it developed into another 'character' design.


Randomness


Title: Randomness
Date: February 17 - 19, 2012
Medium: Graphite
Scale: Original is 9" x 12"

Notes: I couldn't stop staring at Marko Djurdjevic pieces and Wes Burt pieces... and they inspired this randomness. I really like doing these, I might make more of em later.


Cora -- Mask Variants II


Title: Cora -- Mask Variants II
Date: February 14, 2012
Medium: Graphite

Notes: Still trying to make more masks based on animals... having so much fun with this project!


Reclining Pirate


Title: Reclining Pirate
Date: February 14 - 15, 2012
Medium: Graphite
Scale: Original is 12" x 9"

Notes: Was just making a quick go at a contest on Deviantart... I missed the deadline as always, but it was fun to sketch quickly (spanned about two-hours over two-days).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Mat @artofmatk

Follow Ash @ashley.storyteller