Friday, February 3, 2012

Revolving.



Alright so... here's another update.

Just beginning to do more studies for my character design, and also getting a better grasp on digital painting.
I think I missed an artist of the week this week, so I'll have to do one late. Let's see...

Artist of the Week! This week it goes to: Jason Rainville
This guy is pretty much the epitome of work hard and you'll become awesome. If you look from his first page to his last, there is such a drastic change. Not only has his style completely changed, but his skill has increased like 100-fold. It is kind of an amazing change from then to now. Either way, you should definitely check it out. His art is amazing!
Let's see... pretty much just been up to school and work, with digital painting and things in between. I've been kind of thinking about the upcoming summer, that's going to be a tough one, but hopefully I'll be able to land an internship somewhere and work for an art house during the summer. Either that or really crank up the volume of art so that I can finally land that freelance gig or something that everyone keeps talking about.
Either way, I can't stop the train... not allowed to get off yet. Must get insanely good.

So, here's the art...

Revolver Study and Imaginary Revolver 




Title: Revolver Study and Imaginary Revlover
Date: February 2, 2012
Medium: Photoshop
Scale: Original is 3000px x 3000px

Notes: Just trying to learn how a revolver works so that I can make one up for my character.

Prismatic Colors, 1 - 3



Title: Prismatic Colors, 1 - 3
Date: February 1 - 3, 2012
Medium: Gouache
Scale: Each piece is 8" x 11"

Notes: Trying more gouache painting... I think I'm getting a little better, but it's still really hard. Just gotta keep getting used to it.

Cora Color Comp Test


Title: Cora Color Comp Test
Date: February 2, 2012
Medium: Animation

Notes: Trying to get a feel for her colors.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Mat @artofmatk

Follow Ash @ashley.storyteller