Tuesday, February 28, 2012

What THE...?!



Artist of the Week! 
This week it goes to: DStraX
Your studies just keep getting more and more amazing! I'm actually going to start following in your footsteps as far as the art related stuff goes... I really need to step it up on many things, such as matieral tests, rendering tests, etc. I can't wait to see you reach your full potential, it will be one for the stars. The main thing that I would like to see you work on would be fully utilizing dynamic posing. Once you get that down, I'm not sure what will stop you...
Thanks for the AMAZING advice that you and 'another artist' gave me... More on him next week.


Alright let's see.... this week hasn't been a major breakthrough in the art department, EXCEPT that I started breaking away from just my strange brush that I've been using. I guess that makes me a bit more versatile when it comes to just painting around. Either way, I still just want to have more time to paint hahaha

I've been sleeping a bit more than usual. I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing who knows. Oddly enough though, I've been extra sleepy since I've been doing that. Not sure how that works.

Uhhh... Not really a whole lot going on besides that. Thought about switiching to Illustration major, but that would leave me sticking around the school for another semester (not that I wouldn't like that, but I don't think my bank account would appreciate that). So I think I'll just keep doing as I am and just gear all my electives toward illustration or painting or whatever. It might be best that way.

Anyway, as always... here's the art!


Crushed Can JUSTICE


Title: Crushed Can JUSTICE
Date: February 24, 2012
Medium: Photoshop

Notes: Trying to study how metal crushes in the hand. This was for a poster idea that I was working out. Don't think I'll have time to do it right now, but it will fester on the back-burner just like all these other ideas...



Cora Character Exploration AGAIN


Title: Cora -- Character Exploration AGAIN
Date: February 23, 2012
Medium: Photoshop
Scale: Original is 3000px x 3000px

Notes: Well, it's time to redesign her again, so we're back to the 'ole drawing board. Oh well, more doodles and exploration as always.


Tom Servo Look-Alike


Title: Tom Servo Look-Alike
Date: February 24, 2012
Medium: Photoshop

Notes: More of the study from above... Was fun to try to use different colors to shade instead of just back to white.


Color Studies












Title: Color Studies
Date: February 20 - 23, 2012
Medium: Gouache
Scale: Each 'piece' is 7" x 10"


Doodlin'




Title: Doodlin'
Date: February 21 - 25, 2012
Medium: Graphite
Scale: Original is 9" x 12"

Notes: Just trying to loosen up again and just relax with different stuff...



Full Action-Pose Study


Title: Full Action-Pose Study
Date: February 23, 2012
Medium: Graphite
Scale: Original is 9" x 12"

Notes: This is a work in progress, but I fully intend to finish this guy!

Thanks for looking! More coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Mat @artofmatk

Follow Ash @ashley.storyteller