Monday, June 18, 2012

Animals and Legends

I've been making a habit out of quick updates with one or two pictures lately and not talking... I have more pieces, but this is all I have to post for the moment.

Turtle Study


Title:  Turtle Study
Date: June 18, 2012
Medium: Photoshop
Scale: Original is 1300px x 800px

Notes: Decided that if I'm going to do realistic pokemon, it would probably be in my best interest to study the actual animals that they are based on before trying to execute the final piece. This is a 1.5 hour study based on a photo. Hopefully it looks alright. Let me know!


Kitsune Sketches


Title:  Kitsune Sketches
Date: June 16, 2012
Medium: Photoshop
Scale: Original is 2550px x 3300px

Notes: Was just playing around for the character of the week this week. Decided I would go sort of tech on the ancient legend. Nine wires to represent nine tails. I was only sketching around, so it didn't really go very far.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Mat @artofmatk

Follow Ash @ashley.storyteller