Tuesday, June 19, 2012

More more ... MORE!

Woo... So, I've started to play Batman: Arkham City, and all I can say is... This game friggin' rocks!

It's like free-form Grand Theft Auto (what I mean is that you can practically fly on top of running around the city). Fast-paced action, puzzles, light RPG elements. And then to top it all off, Kan Muftic helped to work on it!

I mean, this is a ton of stuff on top of each other that will probably keep me playing this for some time.

Anyway, in other news:
It looks like my school is taking a huge hit when it comes to finances and education. It is dangerously close to losing it's accredation, and they fired some teachers. Hopefully everything will be settled and I'll be able to stay going to school there. If not, I'll have to just push one-hundred times harder by myself I guess... Either way, it's a scary thought.
I mean, I know it can be done, but I would really have to buckle down and do art stuff like twelve hours a day to play catch up with all the awesome artists out there and even be competitive. I draw quite a bit now, but I would need to work faster and harder I think to catch up.

Ehh... either way, I won't stop doing what I'm doing one way or the other. I'm always doing something artsy.

Oh, I'm also reading Water for Elephants. This book was recommended by my special lady friend (who is an aspiring writer herself, if I never mentioned it). I think it is actually really great. A ton better than the movie -- even though the movie was decent as well.
If nothing else, the author of this book can write very descriptive and emotive scenes. I have about eleven days to finish it... so after I post this... time to get back to reading!

Here's the art:

Joe Boxer


Title:  Joe Boxer
Date: June 18, 2012
Medium: Graphite
Scale: Original is 9" x 12"

Notes: Even more anatomy study based around Joe Manganiello. Like I said a few posts ago, I owe my fiancee twenty of these... so I'm still chugging away.


 Nora Jones



Title:  Nora Jones
Date: June 16, 2012
Medium: Graphite
Scale: Original is 9" x 12"

Notes: During my lunch break at work, I decided to sketch the poster that was in front of my table. It is close, but I still need to study faces more. Her face features in the original photo are much tighter and closer together. It was still fun though, and a good study to do to pass the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Mat @artofmatk

Follow Ash @ashley.storyteller