Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Start of Playing Catch-Up

Continuing to play catch-up. Here's some old and new.

Gestural Final


Title:  Gestural Final
Date: December 2011
Medium: Graphite, Charcoal, Conte
Scale: 42" x 36"

Notes: I apologize for the ancient-ness of this one, but I just found it while digging through my art work from the move. I realized that I never got around to taking a photo of it and posting it. This was one of the larger pieces from my final for portfolio in drawing. The idea was to take a type of anatomy study from a book and them duplicate it as best as possible. I thought it would be interesting to combine a ton of them all on top of each other while standing on hands. Hopefully it reads interestingly enough.
The other kind of interesting thing about this piece is that this is the first one that I worked on that was larger than 20" x 30". It was so huge!


Movie Still -- Clockwork Orange


Title:  Movie Still -- Clockwork Orange
Date: December 2011
Medium: Ink, Conte
Scale: 30" x 20"

Notes: This was about the same time as the one above. So again, sorry for the old post, but it was a different kind of exercise for me.


Pokemon Linework


Title:  Pokemon Linework
Date: June 11, 2012
Medium: Photoshop

Notes: The initial line-work and color pallette for each of the pokemon that I'll be working on.


Squirtle Color Test

Title:  Squirtle Color Test
Date: June 12, 2012
Medium: Photoshop

Notes: Testing out some colors and things. This still has a way to go, but I'm having fun with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Mat @artofmatk

Follow Ash @ashley.storyteller