Thursday, February 27, 2014

Invaders MUST DIE!

The Prodigy - Invaders Must Die (Full Album)

Flight


Title: Flight
Medium: Oils
Scale: Original image is around 4ft x 2ft

Notes: No joke... this is the biggest painting I've ever done.
For some reason I had this in my head early on. Before I even started painting it I kind of knew exactly what I wanted to paint. Not only that, but this was one of the first real attempts at doing anything in oil that was more than just black and white. Oh this was so exciting to me and I definitely DEFINITELY want to do more of this.

Dust Sprites


Title: Dust Sprites
Date: February 14, 2013
Medium: Gouache
Scale: Original image is 15" x 20"

Notes: This was a birthday present for my special lady friend. She loves these little guys! I wish I could be as happy as they are all the time! They are from Miyazaki films such as Spirited Away and My Neighbor Totoro.

Serious Face


Title: Serious Face
Medium: Oils
Scale: Original is 9" x 12"

Notes: This was my first attempt at oil paints ever. I think it turned out okay, but those eyes are still wonky. From what I hear you can just go right over oil paints with more oil paints. OOHHH I'm so excited about Oil painting!

Sketchin' the Night Away





Title: Sketchin' the Night Away
Medium: Graphite
Scale: Each 'page' is 9" x 12"

Notes: These are all just various things that pop into my head while relaxing as well as doing sketches for different assignments. Just a small sampling really, but I thought I would share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Mat @artofmatk

Follow Ash @ashley.storyteller