Sunday, September 23, 2012

Charles "Derpy" Gibson

Charles "Derpy" Gibson


Title:  Charles "Derpy" Gibson
Date: September 19, 2012
Medium: Ink
Scale: Each page is 9" x 12"

Notes: We've started to look into ink for my Illustration class, and like I said last post, we were introduced to Charles Dana Gibson. So here's my attempt (multiple times) to recreate the 'Gibson Girl'. This was almost laughable on my part... because I just kept going and going, trying to get the damn thing correct. Other than that, we were trying a multitude of mark making techniques. Trying to achieve 'visual grays' by using the ink in different ways.


Face Painting


Title:  Face Painting
Date: September 20, 2012
Medium: Photoshop

Notes: I've REALLY begun to study when it comes to getting value in it's correct place. It's kind of silly how slowly the painting comes now, but how much better it looks in terms of accuracy. I'm just constantly measuring and checking, measuring and checking. It's an exhausting process, but the results are much more appealing for sure!


Clare, From Life


Title:  Clare, From Life
Date: September 17 & 19, 2012
Medium: Ink
Scale: Each 'page' is 9" x 12"

Notes: We did a few life drawings that were timed. Each one was about twenty minutes. The focus was to really get in there with the ink and use measuring and mark making to it's maximum. The top right was to only use one value to really get the form out. This was extremely fun and I want to do many, many more of these.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Mat @artofmatk

Follow Ash @ashley.storyteller