Saturday, September 1, 2012

Hello Again

Alright, so, I've been away awhile. I decided to all but take the entirety of August off. Just relax and play a ton of video games and watch a ton movies. I sketched here and there in my sketchbook, and digitally, but for the most part, I just played a ton of video games. Sorry about that ... I should have probably updated a little bit here and there.

Well, school started up again and YAY my school isn't closed down and is still accredited. That's always good news. But the unfortunate side effect of being back in school is that now I'm completely bogged down with work. That's both a good and a bad thing. The productive side of me says, "Let's do this!" so that I can get better in every respect, the lazy side says, "Work?! UGH!!!" Luckily I have my teachers this semester here to kick me in the ass to get me jump started.

Speaking of teachers, I just wanted to throw a blurb to him, as his work is really impressive: John Lee

Anyway... more talking soon, for now, art:

ChoW 297 WIPs 2


Title:  ChoW 297 WIPs 2
Date: August 2, 2012
Medium: Photoshop
Scale: Original is 2550px x 4000px

Notes: Just more sketches dealing with the Character of the Week Contest. Of course I didn't really get anything fully done on it, but it was still fun to just get things going with it.


Crash Study


Title:  Crash Study
Date: August 4, 2012
Medium: Photoshop
Scale: Original is 2550px x 1072px

Notes: This movie is actually a really good movie. I especially love some of the long panned shots such as this one.


Edgar Sketch


Title:  Edgar Sketch
Date: August 2, 2012
Medium: Photoshop

Notes: This one is just kind of silly... I was just noodling away with my tablet and thought, "Hmmm Poe would be really fun to draw in just black and white." So I went with it. Kinda stylized, but interesting.


Figure Sketches 1 - 3




Title:  Figure Sketches 1 - 3
Date: August 1 - 31, 2012
Medium: Photoshop

Notes: Just a ton of sketches for studies. Need to do sooo many more of these...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Mat @artofmatk

Follow Ash @ashley.storyteller