Monday, September 17, 2012

I really should update more often...

So, as always, my promises to update more often go unfulfilled, but here it is. I just keep trucking on.

School has been grinding my to the bone, so I decided that working was less important for the moment and that I should focus entirely on school. Oh it feels so nice to actually get a decent night's rest. So much homework, so little time.

I've been doing a little bit of searching lately for what really matters art-wise, and I think that it's really important to just do art all the time. There really isn't an easier way around it than that. Other than that, I've discovered these fancy little brush pens that help a ton with my mark making. I would recommend that everyone that struggles with stroke economy to pick up one of these. Of course I would stick with the solid black, but that's just me. Maybe you want to do all your drawings in a crazy purple or something...

Also, if you look on my links on the left, you'll notice that I've added two more. Two people that I go to school with who are pretty damn talented. I would suggest you check out Clare Caldwell and Mary Tuttle.

Anyway... here's the art:

Uncle LAN


Title:  Uncle LAN
Date: September 11, 2012
Medium: Ink
Scale: Original is 11" x 17"

Notes: This is the first project related to my Idea, Process and Criticism class (IPC). It deals with my topic of technological addiction. I wanted to show this as a sort of introduction to my overall topic choice. I hope that it conveys it well. Oh, and it's made on Bristol board that was soaked for about four to six hours in coffee. I wanted the final piece to have this sort of vintage look to it.


Life Drawing I


Title:  Life Drawing I
Date: Variable
Medium: Graphite
Scale: Each 'page' is 9" x 12"

Notes: Getting back into the swing of things with a ton of life drawing... this is just the graphite ones. I have a ton more in the pipe.


Life Drawing II


Title:  Life Drawing II
Date: Variable
Medium: Ink
Scale: Each 'page' is 9" x 12"

Notes: Getting back into the swing of things with a ton of life drawing... this time in ink-o-vision. Just gotta keep on trucking... only a ton of hours to go before I reach the 10k hour mark.


Marko Studies


Title:  Marko Studies
Date: September 13, 2012
Medium: Graphite
Scale: Original is 9" x 12"

Notes: Marko Djurdjevic you crafty devil. I'll get around to getting how you do your incredible stuff someday... But until then I'll just keep studying yours and drooling at your amazing skills.


Losing My Mind


Title:  Losing My Mind
Date: September 11, 2012
Medium: Graphite
Scale: Original is 9" x 12"

Notes: I hope someone can find it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Mat @artofmatk

Follow Ash @ashley.storyteller