Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Couple o' 30-minute Paints

Thirty-Minute Portrait Study


Title: Thirty-Minute Portrait Study
Date: November 18, 2013
Medium: Photoshop CS3
Scale: 4.4" x 6.6"

Notes: I watched a bunch more oil painting demos, and wanted to try and see just how big I could keep my brush while painting. I guess this is a step towards that chunky painting that I enjoy so much. Honestly, I want so bad to learn oil painting just because it seems like the ultimate middle-ground. I love gouache painting because of it's blending, and I hate acrylic because it literally dries in like two seconds. Therefore, I can only assume that oil paint would be like a super opaque version of gouache because of the drying time. We'll see if I'm wrong or not in the coming months...

Thirty-Minute Landscape Study


Title: Thirty-Minute Landscape Study
Date: November 17, 2013
Medium: Photoshop CS3
Scale: Original is 2048px x 1360px

Notes: Yet again, another attempt at that chunky painting. This was much more about color interaction than the one above, as I wanted to start playing around with colors and how they react. More of this to come as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Mat @artofmatk

Follow Ash @ashley.storyteller