Friday, May 9, 2014

Studies Begin...

30-Minutes of Poses


Title: 30-Minutes of Poses
Date: May 8, 2014
Medium: Photoshop CS3

Notes: I'm going to be using these as warm-ups all summer long. Thirty minutes of what I would consider, pre-workouts. Every time I'm thinking of doing any art, this is what I will start with.

Thursday: Drapery Study


Title: Thursday: Drapery Study
Date: May 8, 2014
Medium: Photoshop CS3
Scale: Original is 1600px x 964px

Notes: Initially this was going to be a full render of a character. But I only wanted to actually be a drapery study. So I thought about what Ashley tells me: 
She says, "If you want to do a study, you should really just focus on the area that you want to study. Crop the damn picture and stop wasting your time on all the extrenous stuff. Just paint what is neccessary for the study only." 
Wise words... and hilariously enough, ones that I'd never considered.


Thursday: Anatomy - Hands


Title: Thursday: Anatomy - Hands
Date: May 8, 2014
Medium: Photoshop CS3

Notes: Also everyday I will be playing with a different part of the anatomy. Thursday's was hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Mat @artofmatk

Follow Ash @ashley.storyteller