Thursday, July 5, 2012

Back to Pencils

As always, I tend to draw in pencils more than paint, at least that used to be case. Regardless, it's fun to just draw. I need to do a ton more of this life drawing too...

Ash Gaming


Title:  Ash Gaming
Date: July 4, 2012
Medium: Graphite
Scale: Original is 9" x 12"

Notes: Life drawing I think is the greatest type of drawing one can do. I actually drew this in about twenty minutes while she was playing some Fallout: New Vegas. I think everyone should try doing more of these -- life drawing that is. I can honestly say though... her nose is odd in this image and her hands are small. Either way, it was really fun to power draw.


Pin-up Witch


Title:  Pin-up Witch
Date: June 30, 2012
Medium: Graphite
Scale: Original is 9" x 12"

Notes: Trying to get more concrete with that piece that I was working on. This was pre-eye practice though... so it kind of shows how much just a small bit of practicing drawing eyes will do.


Eye Studies


Title:  Eye Studies
Date: July 3-4, 2012
Medium: Graphite
Scale: Original is 9" x 12"

Notes: It's amazing how fast this will help. The top half of the page is from observation, the bottom is the result of trying to practice from head.


Vintage Samurai


Title:  Vintage Samurai
Date: July 3, 2012
Medium: Graphite
Scale: Original is 9" x 12"

Notes: Just something that I was having fun power-drawing before I went into work the other day. Obviously I need to finish it and it needs some anatomy tweaks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Mat @artofmatk

Follow Ash @ashley.storyteller