Friday, July 13, 2012

Took a Small Break

I was just relaxing and trying to get some color pieces done...

When I happened upon this inspiring post:

Motivation

Honestly... this couldn't have been said any better.
Thanks for the thoughts on this. Also if you get a chance, check back some posts and see his post on freelance wages. It's some good insight!

Anyway, more art...

Ashley Stylish


Title:  Ashley Stylish
Date: July 10, 2012
Medium: Photoshop
Scale: Original is 1125px x 1089px

Notes: Found a good photo of her with her hair done-up, so I thought it would be a fun practice. Noticed at the end that the eyes are a tad bit on the large side. I'll have to try again...


Red-Tailed Hawk


Title:  Red-Tailed Hawk
Date: July 13, 2012
Medium: Photoshop
Scale: Original is 700px x 663px

Notes: I love birds... Especially the eyes.


Face Doodles


Title:  Face Doodles
Date: July 12, 2012
Medium: Photoshop
Scale: Original is 1360px x 671px

Notes: One of my focus areas right now on top of the hands and feet are definitely faces. I need to get MUCH better at these. So the practicing will commence!


Joe Serious


Title:  Joe Serious
Date: July 10, 2012
Medium: Photoshop
Scale: Original is 1275px x 548px

Notes: Alcide looking all serious...


Pancakes the Bunny


Title:  Pancakes the Bunny
Date: July 13, 2012
Medium: Photoshop
Scale: Original is 1050px x 900px

Notes: This was a fun speedy, but I tried to rebuild the background too late in the painting. It ended up muddying the foreground and the bunny herself. Will have to try again on her in a different position.


Rat Skeleton


Title:  Rat Skeleton
Date: July 13, 2012
Medium: Photoshop
Scale: Original is 825px x 500px

Notes: The beginning study for the pikachu piece. I am having so much trouble getting a rat to look realistic, so I think it might be beneficial to start from the bottom and work my way up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Mat @artofmatk

Follow Ash @ashley.storyteller