Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pencils and ChoW

Punky Cora


Title:  Punky Cora
Date: July 14, 2012
Medium: Graphite
Scale: Original is 9" x 12"

Notes: She's always fun to draw -- haven't drawn her in some time. I noticed after I got done that her hands are all sorts of wonky. But it was a fun one for an extremely fast go at it.


Faces from Life


Title:  Faces from Life
Date: July 12 - 16, 2012
Medium: Graphite
Scale: Original is 9" x 12"

Notes: The top half of the page is from life, then later I went back using what I learned and tried to make the other half of the page into imagination faces. By far the life ones are better, but it was still a really fun exercise that I will have to repeat. I think it helped me get a better grasp on faces...


Go, Go, Go, Hands


Title:  Go, Go, Go, Hands
Date: July 14, 2012
Medium: Graphite
Scale: Original is 9" x 12"

Notes: You can NEVER get enough hand studies. These are still and will probably be for some time, the hardest part of human anatomy for me to do. Just keep practicing more and more...


Captain of the Guard - WIP 1


Title:  Captain of the Guard - WIP 1
Date: July 16 - 17, 2012
Medium: Photoshop
Scale: Original is 9" x 12"

Notes: Taking a break from everything else to try and do some character work. I've been dying to try out everything I learned. I know the guy on the right is all sorts of wonky, I just wanted to get some quick armor ideas out there...


Pin-Up Studies


Title:  Pin-Up Studies
Date: July 14, 2012
Medium: Graphite
Scale: Original is 9" x 12"

Notes: These are all for that pin-up commission that I have. I'm working on that at the same time as the other stuff. It's weird working on this many things at once, but it's exciting as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Mat @artofmatk

Follow Ash @ashley.storyteller