Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Demon Lord

Ram Horns - A Study


Title: Ram Horns - A Study
Date: June 24, 2014
Medium: Photoshop CS6

Notes: I worked a little backward this time, but this was a study for the bigger illustration below. Let's face it... horns of any variety are kind of a pain because of all the folds and ridges that are there. BUT they look awesome! 
I was trucking along with my demon lord painting and lo and behold, I realized in mid-paint that... I have no idea really how ram horns work - SO! I thought, what better time than to study some horns from a photo. I took the study of the horns and began to apply it to the demon lord painting that I'm working on. I'm still in like mid-paint for the demon lord, but this is it so far:

Demon Lord - Applied Study (WIP)


Title: Demon Lord - Applied Study (WIP)
Date: June 24 & 25, 2014
Medium: Photoshop CS6

Notes: This piece is really just a test to see how well I can use both applied studies, imagination and to really push that dramatic lighting. It still has quite a bit to go, but I thought I would share where I'm at currently. Finally breaking away from those damn studies to actually paint something that I enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Mat @artofmatk

Follow Ash @ashley.storyteller