Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Drink the Sea


"Glitch Mob - Drink the Sea (Full Album)"


Couple of productive days have gone by!
Most of which I can't really share with anyone. Most of which is pretty exciting as I've been making leaps and bounds in the digital painting department and the face anatomy department.

Either way, I'm getting super pumped and somehow I wonder if the correlation between working out, reading and just drawing my ass off have officially kicked up the art into high gear.
Either way, it's been an awesome (and enlightening) past couple of days.

Anatomy Study: Bodies in Motion - Combined


Title: Anatomy Study: Bodies in Motion - Combined
Date: June 20-23, 2013
Medium: Photoshop

Notes: I think these turned out well and actually look pretty good all combined together. I've kind of turned onto a new type of study for this week, but will resume the next poses as we go. All-in-all, these are turning out alright, but I think having them out of context or maybe having them more drawn is really dragging the process down. I'm not really sure, but either way, the point is... I want to do more of them, but I also want to do them as accurate as possible, so I'll have to continue them next week.
Master Study - 1 - Grey scale (Composition Study)



Title: Master Study - 1 - Grey Scale (Composition Study)
Date: June 24, 2013
Medium: Photoshop

Notes: Okay, so... this is really the meat and potatoes of this update. I have recently discovered (again) how useful master studies can be. ESPECIALLY for composition and color study. Not only will they enhance your composition know-how ten-fold in a short time, but they just plain look cool (even in black and white). I have a ton of these to do this week -- the goal is fifty gray, fifty color -- to really get my chops up. I think that I have to level up now instead of just wasting time doing study upon study and not learning enough. But yeah, this is just a small sampling of what I've been up to.

Jurassic Park Girl



Title: Jurassic Park Girl
Date: June 26, 2013
Medium: Photoshop
Scale: Same as Above.

Notes: THIS is the culmination of all the studies that I've been doing this week. I think the thing that makes this one a wonder in my eyes is not only the detail, but the speed! I finished this one (as far as I wanted anyway) in about thirty minutes. Honestly, this one feels like a major breakthrough in terms of my digital painting skills. Now only like one-hundred more to go...........

1 comment:

  1. Looking good. For the comp studies, it's pretty helpful (and suggested) to break them down into 3-4 values, unless you're intending to make them a combined comp and value study. But, good to see you cranking them out.

    As for the portrait, you might want to go further with the colors in it. When you're doing the color studies for your master studies, make sure you strive for as much color accuracy as you can. Things are a bit too unsaturated at the moment.

    ReplyDelete

Follow Mat @artofmatk

Follow Ash @ashley.storyteller