Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Late-Night or Early Morning?

Time Travelling


Title: Time Travelling
Date: June 9, 2013
Medium: Ink
Scale: 9" x 12"

Notes:  Again, going with that white gel pen on top of the black ink washes makes for some really interesting tones. I love the way this looks, I just need to get the underlying figure still more in order, but I feel like I'm getting there, albeit slowly but surely.

Portrait Double


Title: Portrait Double
Date: June 8, 2013
Medium: Graphite, Chalk
Scale: Each piece is 9" x 12"

Notes:  I think as always, drawing from life is key. The top one is done from a photo, and the bottom is done from life. I honestly think that the 'from life' one looks infinitely better. I think in my image though she looks a ton more serious than she did during that drawing. As with a bunch of my pieces, these are matter of focus driven.

Cora, Beer-o-Clock


Title: Cora, Beer-o-Clock
Date: June 9, 2013
Medium: Graphite
Scale: Original is on 9" x 12"

Notes: Trying to make it a daily habit to draw Cora. I'm not entirely sure if she'll be the focus of my comics class next semester, but she might very well become my comic go-to character.

True Blood Portrait Series -- Eric


Title: True Blood Portrait Series -- Eric
Date: June 7, 2013
Medium: Photoshop

Notes:  I think there might still be a few things wrong with the eyes, but I'm just going to call it and move on. I think it's a big step up from where I was not even a month ago, with both digital and anatomy. Either way, I have a bunch of these True Blood characters to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Mat @artofmatk

Follow Ash @ashley.storyteller