Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Sketches or Maybe WIPs?

Man Butt


Title: Man Butt
Medium: Photoshop

Notes:  Just making an attempt to start learning not only anatomy, but more practice on digital painting.

Model-esque


Title: Model-esque
Date: June 18-19, 2013
Medium: Photoshop

Notes:  This mainly was just a material test... but I have to really focus on the material. As always I have a tendancy to want to do the face first, but I need to get the ear correct. Then comes the meticulous rendering of the leather 'biker' coat. More work on this one soon.

Master Study: Rembrandt -- 1


Title: Master Study: Rembrandt -- 1
Date: June 19, 2013
Medium: Photoshop

Notes:  Rembrandt's color palette was incredible. I have a ton of work to go on this one before I can even consider it done. There are textures to deal with, material tests, skin tone tests... This is going to be an epic one, and hopefully I can get it to look good. I'll have to paint the whole thing and then compare closely and probably color correct at the very end. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Mat @artofmatk

Follow Ash @ashley.storyteller