Saturday, August 31, 2013

Independent Study -- 2 - 1 (Top of the Head Sketch)

Imogen Heap - "2 - 1"

Independent Study: More Warm-up



Title: Independent Study: More Warm-up
Date: August 29 - 30, 2013
Medium: Photoshop CS3, Pencil
Scale: Varies

Notes: Continuing on with that warm-up... there is a variance of media here again (Photoshop crept up in there), and also a variance of 'from head' and 'from reference'. I'm just trying to show that I can pump out quite a bit in a short amount of time. At least I feel like it's a decent amount to pump out with other classes bearing down as well.

Independent Study: Character Sketch


Title: Independent Study: Character Sketch
Date: August 31, 2013
Medium: Photoshop CS3
Scale: Original is 8.5" x 11"

Notes: Basically the purpose of this was to try and use the original pencil sketch that I had done and use absolutely no reference what-so-ever. I was only to use my thumbnail and literally go from sketch to a completed piece using only what I remembered from the original and the thumbnail itself. It's a stylistic difference from my normal that I've been doing, but I think the main point was reached here -- to use less reference and try and break away from a comfort zone that I've fallen into.
I think I have a ton of work to go when it comes to out-of-my-head anatomy (there are some wacky issues I think with it), but all in all I'm kinda happy with how it turned out since I didn't really have much to go on besides that sketch. Other than that, I think it was a bit fast paced, but I think that using faster linework kind of lends a certain grit to the image as a whole.
Hopefully the whole thing is readable, but I'm completely open for critique.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Mat @artofmatk

Follow Ash @ashley.storyteller