Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Comics 1 -- Cora's Ghost in the Shell Moment

Comics 1: Cora's Ghost in the Shell Moment


Title: Comics 1: Cora's Ghost in the Shell Moment
Date: September 13 & 14, 2013
Medium: Photoshop CS3

Notes: For this assignment it was a study in pacing in comics. We had to start small and insignificant, and build it up to a big climax moment and then give the piece an actual resolution.
I don't know why looking back I didn't start smaller, but I was reading the Battle Angel Alita graphic novels and for some reason in the third book there is this sweet roller blade fight that works out in a similar layout (top panel a double-page spread, and then a bunch of them below). I don't know, it just stuck. Because of it the rest of my layout followed suit. Honestly, I just drew the first and last, and then just started filling in the middle. Maybe making comics could work just like how I write stories: write the beginning, and then the end, and then try and fill in the blanks in between.

Comics 1: Cora's Costume Textures


Title: Comics 1: Cora's Costume Textures
Date: September 18, 2013
Medium: Brush and Ink

Notes: This assignment was a quick in-class one. We were supposed to draw our character posed, but with no less than five different materials on.
Since Cora has a wacky outfit that is constantly getting refined, I decided that she would work really well for a materials test.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Mat @artofmatk

Follow Ash @ashley.storyteller