Sunday, September 8, 2013

Illustration 3 -- Ten Student Illustrators

For an assignment for Illustration 3 class, we are to interview a few artists that are currently students, or have graduated very recently. 

*** NOTE: None of the artwork portrayed below is owned by me. Each piece is owned by their respective artists. ***




Arielle Chandonnet, painter/ Illustrator from Massachusetts, focuses on figure and portrait painting inspired by old and new masters. She also works digitally, carrying over her ideas and techniques to the computer screen.




IV. Diego Penuela -- SCAD

I was born in Bogotá, Colombia, and received a B.F.A. in visual arts at the Pontificia Universidad Javeriana. Currently I am a graduate student majoring in the M.F.A. Illustration program at SCAD (Savannah College of Art and Design) Atlanta, GA. I mostly work in editorial illustration, although I enjoy working in other fields like animation and visual development.


V. Nick Sadek -- SCAD

Nick Sadek is a dedicated and passionate illustrator and designer. He received both his B.F.A and M.F.A in illustration from the Savannah College of Art and Design in Savannah, Georgia. His illustrations have been recognized by groups like Applied Arts Magazine and The Society of Illustrators in Los Angeles. He currently lives and works in Downers Grove, Illinois.


VI. Breanna Welsh -- SCAD



With my parents working in graphic design and I.T, I grew up drawing, painting and playing computer games. I haven't changed much. I discovered Photoshop when I was around the age of 12, and began teaching myself from then on. Pretty much everything I know about Photoshop has been self-taught. 10+ years on and I still have that thirst for anything digital post-process. My passion to ameliorate new techniques and skills (whether it be digital or traditional, photography or painting) is immeasurable. Creating art is when I am most happy. I like looking back on previous works and seeing that noticeable improvement. The satisfaction of bettering myself and being able to instil certain thoughts, notions and states of mind is the sole reason I enjoy creating.



Hi, I'm Joshua Newton and welcome to my tumblr. I am a 24 year old currently studying illustration at the Ringling College of Art and Design. I have a wife(tara) and two pets, a dog named frodo and my cat who is desperately fighting for my attention while i right this little bio---Oh and her name is luna. Right now like most art students i am trying to figure out what i would like to do with the rest of my life. I know its in the field of art/illustration. But i dont know what i want to get into be it concept art, editorial, children's book what have you. So until that time when i find my place in this crazy world, i will upload my artwork...my journey.


IX. Sam Szymanski -- TAD


X. Ross Tran -- Art Center 


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

  1. I really thankful to you for this great read!! You did a very great job, keep it up.buy pixels online

    ReplyDelete

Follow Mat @artofmatk

Follow Ash @ashley.storyteller