Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Independent Study -- Maris 3 (Refined Thumbnail)

Independent Study - Maris 3




Title: Independent Study: Maris 3
Date: September 12 - 17, 2013
Medium: Pencil, Brush and Ink
Scale: Each 'page' is 9" x 12"

Notes: Yet again, just pushing more and more forward with the marionettes.
The bottom-most refined sketch will be the pencils for my finalized 11" x 17" poster. The first of three actually. I'm going to have to paint this one to look awesome. It's got so much detail! I've actually been trying to make everything about the composition lead back to the main character of the piece. It will really have to be reinforced when I start to color, but as it stands this is what I'm going with.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bottom comp is really nice man. Make sure you get the structure of the character down and give that one some time to finish well. Watch that tangent in the bottom right area though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks bud! I'm trying my ass off to make everything push back to the main character in that piece.
      The painting starts tomorrow :x
      Thanks for the well wishes

      Delete

Follow Mat @artofmatk

Follow Ash @ashley.storyteller