Friday, September 6, 2013

Speedpaint GOGOGO

Birdy McBirdington


Title: Birdy McBirdington
Date: September 6, 2013
Medium: Photoshop CS3
Scale: Original is 2048px x 1364px

Notes: While this could be more refined in places, I was trying to really just convey speed and energy to every stroke that I laid down. This was done in like one-hour, and I literally painted as fast as I could. Lay a line down, move on -- that was my mantra during this piece.
Doing more painterly pieces in Photoshop I think works better for me rather than trying to adhere to strict borders and linework. While I do enjoy doing comic type stuff, I wonder if there was a way to streamline this process to be able to do all comic work in a more painterly fashion rather than dealing with strict linework. Hmmm... I'll have to ponder and practice this theory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Mat @artofmatk

Follow Ash @ashley.storyteller